Lemont & Marilyn

Lemont & Marilyn
Lemont & Marilyn -- Anniversary Picture 2010

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 19 Update

Well, we've completed our second week on the job.  Hasn't been much to report all week, so I'm putting it all in a this weekly update.  I missed a couple of days (Sat and Sun) because I stayed home fighting the left-over cough and wheezing from my cold.  I'll be seeing the doctor this afternoon to see if there is anything that I can do to speed getting over it.  My wheezing has been keeping Mom awake at night.  I found a posting on Monster for a Senior Director Web Operations at Ancestry.com and applied.  I haven't heard anything yet.  The recruiter I've been working with at Ancestry was on vacation until yesterday.   I think I'm a pretty good match for the stated requirements -- pretty much exactly what I did a the Times for seven years and the requirements could have been written off my resume!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I found out who the hiring manager is but the guy I talked to, who is one of the training managers in our customer service department, didn't know him.  He is a Senior Vice President of IT and reports directly to the CEO.  Hope I can at least get an interview soon.  It sounds like it would be something I would enjoy and would be good at -- and would be able to make a bigger contribution to Ancestry.com than I can as a customer service rep.

Still kind of strange having our "weekend" in the middle of the week but it does give us time to set up things like chiropractor and dentist appointments that we might otherwise have to take time off for.

No comments:

Post a Comment